Firstly, from Miss Preggy – a very strong woman who is going to be an amazing mother to her little peanut when he arrives. I love her blog and can’t wait for the rest of the story to unfold.
The second one is a very special friend, Acidicice. I was blessed to have met her during our antenatal classes and with a stroke of luck (and some Advent bottles up for grabs) we became friends. Hers is the first blog I visit every morning to check for an update.
Ok, the rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- I have to choose five other people who deserve it and pass the awards along
- Tell you seven random facts about me
- Let the people that you give the awards to know
- Thank the person who gave you the award
5 Blogs I love and read religiously are:
Ellen – a fellow Moomie mom who started blogging (from this address anyway) about the same time I did. Her posts are always entertaining and thought provoking. Her writing is so expressive that you can actually picture what she is saying. Have a look, you definitely won’t be sorry. In fact, I’m pretty sure you’ll want her to blog more often (hint hint Ellen!)
The always lovely Sharon from I Believe in Miracles. This blog has the uncanny ability to make me cry every time I read it. It is such a privilege to be able to “share” Ava with them and to be part of their remarkable and inspiring story. One day, when I grow up, I want to be just like her!
Charlotte – once again, another Moomie mom. Have a look at her blog and marvel at how she manages to hold it together (during some very trying times) and raise her two daughters. It will give you new found respect for single mothers!
Another blog worth mentioning is Crystal from Memoirs of a Mediocre Mormon Mommy – all the way from the other side of the world in California. She probably has the worst sense of direction ever, but it will give you a giggle every time!
My final “award” goes to the gorgeous Bronwyn from bronwynmay. Never a dull post from this blog – always thought provoking and peppered with plenty of giggles along the way. Go on, have a look!
7 things you did not know about me:
- My food is not allowed to touch each other. I will always finish one food type before moving on to the next (eg eat all my peas before moving on to the carrots) and I will always start at the bottom of my plate, moving in a clockwise direction.
- I am painfully shy and in order to mask this and “fit” in, I will usually end up being overly loud in conversations making people believe that I am an absolute twat.
- I am totally and utterly addicted to celebrity gossip blogs
- I cry during commercials…ALL…THE…TIME! I don’t know if you remember the advert about the baby that was born aboard the SAA flight? Yeah…not a pretty cry that one!
- I love reading romance novels. Not the dignifies ones either, oh no, I love those ones that make you blush if you read them in public (hiding them away behind a magazine of course) because you are totally convinced that everyone knows what you have just read.
- When I get nervous I really need to wee and when I get really angry, I lock myself in the bathroom and cry.
- I have the ability to remember the most mundane things from years ago, but please don’t ask me to remember something from this morning. For this purposes, I have notebooks stashed everywhere….if only I could remember where they are!
There you go. Did you not just find that absolutely fascinating?